Thursday, April 5, 2012

Belleau Wood...



Here is my latest commission work entitled "Belleau Wood". It depicts a US 5th Marine in this famous WWI battle that took place in June of 1918. The figure itself is a 120MM Michael Roberts offering and is a little bit long in the tooth if you know what I mean. It is a clean sculpt and casting but it's detail is not quite up to today's standards but in the end it is quite an acceptable depiction of a US Marine of this era. The damaged tree stump is a resin piece from the kit and the abandoned German Maxim gun is from New Order Model Designs. I don't do much WWI stuff but I liked this figure from the moment it was proposed to me. As always it is finished in Vallejo Acrylics and the groundwork is a mix of DAS air dry modelling clay, Vallejo acrylic over sprays, MIG pigments and Joefix foliage.


No comments:

Post a Comment